- Name: Department of Science Management and International Affairs
Quang Binh University’s Science – Foreign Affairs Office was established on December 19, 2007 on the basis of Quang Binh Research and Education – Foreign Affairs – Equipment Research Department. It was renamed Science Management and International Affaies Division in May 2011,
- Contact information:
Address: 312 Ly Thuong Kiet – Bac Ly – Dong Hoi – Quang Binh
Phone: 0232.819.333; 0232.819.126
Office address: 3rd Floor, F Building
Head: Dr. Vo Thi Dung
- Functions and duties
– Give the consultation to the principal in term of science management and technology activities and international cooperation in order to create new knowledge, technology, solutions and products; making contribution to research capacity building and training improvement for lecturers, members, researchers, learners.
– Give advise to the leadership to perform the following tasks:
- Scientific and technological management
– To develop and synthesize science and technology (science and technology) plans in schools and coordinate, monitor, check and evaluate the implementation of science and technology plans, periodically report on science and technology activities of schools to higher levels. ;
– To guide, plan, register and submit for grassroots scientific research projects of lecturers and students of faculties and departments according to the annual budget estimates;
– Monitoring the progress of implementation, organizing board of acceptance, monitoring and evaluating the results of the application of scientific research. Summarizing and writing advisory reports to school leaders and competent authorities for rewarding scientific research work;
– To collaborate with faculties and offices to organize annual Scientific Research Conference among lecturers and students; organize conferences and regional and international scientific conferences. Proposing to participate in or organize fairs and exhibitions in the field of science and technology. Collaborate with Doan Thanh Nien and the Students’ Union to train students in scientific research skills;
– To coordinate with Departments, Department of Project Implementation, and ministerial-level scientific research projects. Expanding external relations to receive projects, bidding for research programs and projects, scientific projects; report to the School Board and organize the implementation of the school’s units;
– To develop annual plans and scientific research, applied research in schools. To advise and propose the Managing Board to decide and implement necessary solutions to improve the quality of scientific and technological research, to promote the reputation of the school in this field, to strive to increase revenue in activities. scientific and technological research;
– To search domestic and foreign funding sources to increase funding for scientific research activities of lecturers and students. Proposing and coordinating with the Administration Department, related Departments and Departments to find additional equipment sources and well organize the use and management of equipment and facilities for scientific research and transfer. technology;
– To organize the evaluation of scientific research results, proposing the commendation of outstanding scientific works and scientific research work of students and awards of scientific research students;
– To Manage the information, publishing scientific materials, activities of innovations, inventions, technical materials and equipment of science and technology;
– To support for registration and protection of intellectual property, transfer of intellectual property rights in accordance with the law on intellectual property.
- Domestic cooperation
– Actively coordinate with related Departments and Departments to contact, negotiate and expand cooperation with institutes, departments, industries, enterprises … to sign agreements on research and training cooperation. , support students in internships, exchange research – teaching experts, participate in researching scientific topics …
- International cooperation:
– Develop annual and long-term plans and international cooperation programs of the school;
– Preparation, signing and implementation of bilateral and multilateral agreements;
– Prepare documents, carry out procedures to apply for operation licenses for international cooperation programs and projects on training, scientific research, immigration procedures and entry for relevant international delegations cooperation with the school;
– Organizing seminars, conferences, working sessions related to international cooperation activities; record minutes of meetings between school leaders and international delegations;
– Coordinate, manage and operate joint training programs, transfer in scientific and technological research. Receive, draft, translate and send documents, letters, and electricity in service of international cooperation activities of the school;
– Coordinate with the units drafting the content of the talks, the memorandum, associated contracts and documents on international relations to submit to the Rector for approval;
– Managing the Lao-Thai traditional bureau, organizing the storage and management of information and documents on international relations strictly according to current regulations;
– Making annual reports to submit to the Rector and other competent agencies according to the law on cooperation with international partners;
– Manage and effectively use labor, facilities, equipment and facilities assigned by the University and perform a number of other duties as assigned by the Principal.
- Postgraduate Education Management
– Develop a program and plan for the development of postgraduate training programs (SDH) towards standardization of quality.
– Developing the type of postgraduate training and fostering with domestic and foreign students and universities. Expanding external relations on training of higher education in accordance with the regulations of the Ministry of Education and Training.
– Coordinate with relevant units to advise the Board of Directors on setting up goals, curriculum and textbooks for research and research. Identify the knowledge structure of higher education courses and graduate students in accordance with the requirements of the training sector. To join other agencies involved in the management of graduate training projects assigned by the Principal.
– Proposing the implementation of enrollment quotas, announcing, receiving admissions documents and drawing up the plan for postgraduate enrollment standards to submit to the Rector.
– Implementing the planning and supervision of academic teaching and research by semester and academic year for graduate level; make a course schedule; make a book to monitor the teaching of students and their learning.
– Participate in organizing, coordinating and managing training courses in higher education, short-term courses according to the regulations and targets of the Ministry of Education and Training.
– Participate in organizing and coordinating (in combination with the school’s subjects or projects) short-term courses, training seminars, retraining courses for school officials, trainees, etc. … within the framework of international and national collaborative projects of the school: enrollment, enrollment coordination, certification, etc. if necessary.
– Planning cooperation, international exchange of higher education training, planning long-term strategies for international training cooperation, including: exchange of experts, lecturers and students; organization of international training quality management, if any; Looking for international partners in training.
– Coordinate with related departments (Training Department) and other departments to participate in providing training consulting services (Assessing training needs, developing overall plans for programs, specific subjects, curriculum development, course organization, teacher exchange, technical support, etc.)